Custom Search

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Swamp Gator

This was my first attempt at carving a 3-D cake...and can I tell you how FUN it was?! I had the privilege of taking a class with Sharon Zambito and Dena Bryngelson; they are FANTASTIC teachers and a HOOT to be around!! This was my completed swamp scene - my favorite part was the tree stump!! All edible, except for the sticks in the cattails and the gator's mouth was cardboard....

This was part of the process of carving and assembling the gator and the rest of the scene:



3 comments:

  1. How exciting that you went to this class!! Your gator turned out awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a BLAST!! I hope to do it again REAL soon!! If you ever get the chance to take a class with Sharon Zambito, DO NOT MISS OUT!! It's well worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job on the gator! I love your pictured instructions. You make me want to try it.

    Kim from www.pieceofcakedecorating.com

    ReplyDelete